Thursday, September 9, 2010

Change of Mind: FedEx Arrow

You know the saying "You learn something new everyday"? I definitely learn something new every time I step into Mr. Allen's humanities class! 

I believe that on the very first day (or maybe it was the second), Mr. Allen showed us the arrow on the FedEx logo. An arrow on FedEx?! Yes!! It was there and I though it was the most unbelievably amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. I never knew about it until that day and from then on, I always see the arrow on FedEx. 

Discovering that special arrow completely changed my mind about life. It demonstrated how people just see things on the surface side of life; they don't look beyond it and they don't look very carefully. It seems like we always look at the obvious signs, and never look at the detailed components that make up those signs.

This made me realize how oblivious I can me whenever I encounter events in my life and how much I can miss if I don't look at things outside the box. Having this concept in mind will be extremely beneficial for the future and it just simply makes life more interesting and fun! 


And I definitely love discovering something new every day. It makes my life more interesting and I always tell others my new Fact of the Day so their lives will also be more fascinating.

Do you see the arrow?
 

1 comment:

  1. I really connected with this blog! I had a similiar reaction to it when I first discovered the FedEx arrow. Every time a FedEx truck goes by I see that arrow and I laugh a little to myself.

    It's like some weird inside joke that only I know about, which makes it special in a way. I liked that you talked about how just this one small discovery about a hidden arrow changed your entire perception about life in general.

    I also hate to miss things that other people see. I want to be able to see something and have a totally differnt take on it than anyone else. I think your blog and this arrow are pointing people in the right direction. The direction of noticing hidden things about life, and then taking those things and applying them.

    ReplyDelete