Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blogging Around

Sharon Meyer: (Best of the Week: Ask for Forgiveness, Not Permission)
I absolutely love your blog! I remember the day that the blog was due and I couldn't think of anything that we were taught that week, so I looked at yours and I wanted to do that topic, but I chose not to cause I know that mine wouldn't be as good as yours if I copied it. That was definitely a great lesson that Mr. Allen taught us: Ask for forgiveness, not permission. This really shows how people are cautious about their actions and aren't as adventurous and open-minded as they should be if they didn't think of the consequences. And I totally agree with you that everyone should start acting like that in their lives, especially in school where there are a lot of rules to follow. Sure there are MAJOR consequences for MAJOR actions that shouldn't of have been done, but students should start doing the things that they think are right that could be viewed as wrong.

Sharon, I say that I tag along with your vow as to not ask questions about my actions and just proceed with them. I want to be more open-minded, more risky, and then learn some moral lessons from those actions. We shall both take the challenge together and see what the outcomes of this will be. Let us ask forgiveness, not permission! :)

 Kara Quill: (Carry It Forward: Forrest Gump)
I realllllly love your blog Kara! The moment I saw Forrest Gump, I was like "OH MY GOSH! I need to read this blog!!" (since we already had this discussion about how much you love Forrest Gump :D). I totally agree with your reasoning and I can totally relate to what you are saying.

Life really is like a box of chocolates and I received a lot of boxes in my life. I never would of thought that I would be living here, in Glenview, with my brother and my dad. I never imagined myself as any kind of leader, therefore I never thought to be a P.E. Leader or Peer Group Leader. It's just that along your lifetime, you experience many events that have a ripple effect and constantly changes the course of where you want to go in life.

I learned from my dad that I should always be optimistic about things that occur in my daily life. If something bad happened, I should get over it and move on. It's in the past, I can't change it so I have to learn to deal with it. And this helped me a lot when my mom passed away. I'm totally fine now and I learned to accept the fact that she's not physically here anymore but I still have a father and a brother to love me. And I count everyday as a blessing. I am happy for the friends I have (including you :D), the education I receive, and the family that will stick with me until the end.

People need to realize that they just waste time when they are depressed, sad, or make big deals out of little problems, because that won't make their lives any easier or more fun. Be happy, have fun, and LIVE YOUR LIFE!! (so cheesy...)

No comments:

Post a Comment